Saturday 21 April 2012

This week: Compliance Workshops for the Care Sector

My goodness! It has been a very busy week. Chichester, Bournemouth and Birmingham have all been on the agenda over the past 5 days so I am looking forward to some time at home with the family this weekend.

Before that, just wanted to tell you about a great day I had at Grange Hill House, Halesowen, Birmingham who kindly hosted a Compliance Workshop that I delivered.

This time I worked with a diverse group of people who had come together from different homes in the area. This time they were managers from small homes for Adults with Learning Disabilities. I thought that the problems and issues would be very different from those from care homes for the elderly, but it was quite apparent that the issues that they shared with me and the group were just the same.

One area that came up was capacity, which is just the same with adults with learning disabilities as in many cases with the elderly, especially those suffering from dementia. How to judge the capacity for residents to make their own decisions is always a hot topic and was certainly high on the agenda this week.

I really enjoy facilitating these workshops. The most satisfying thing is to see the group start to interact with each other and realise that they are not alone in their concerns. It was great to see them swapping contact details to keep in touch.

You know, once again it has come to my attention that when you come to compliance, the issues are the same no matter what the size of the company. Whether staff levels are at 4 or 400, the same compliance outcomes are still required.

Another busy time ahead next week. On Wednesday I am facilitating a workshop for the NCA - Demonstrating Evidence for Compliance. It starts at 11 am. If you are interested in going or sending staff, details are on the NCA website here.

If you are interested in arranging a Compliance Workshop to be held at your premises, please feel free to contact me through my website page.

No comments:

Post a Comment